Application for Mach III Flying Shears: Cutting for tube and pipe up to 5 inches in diameter for double cut or 6 inches for single cut.
For over sixty years, the name “Alpha” has meant high performance tube cutting. More ready-to-ship tube has been cut using Alpha double cut technology than any other type of cutoff. Today, we continue to push the boundaries of technology and innovation to produce the new generation of high performance Alpha flying shears.
Considerable research and development has resulted in our highest performance shears, providing even higher reliability, faster line speeds, closer tolerances and increased tooling life. These advantages, coupled with reduced footprints, automatic lubrication and quick-change tooling, make the Alpha shear the most reliable, high speed cutoff available.
Alpha Flying Shear operator controls are available for all Alpha Flying Shears. Operator controls for Alpha Flying Shear Cutoffs are easy to use and offer real-time feedback for accurate cutting control. Our simple design provides ease of operation for the most experienced operators, and minimal learning curve, increasing uptime for new operators.
Today, Alpha flying shears are cutting low and high tensile carbon steels, boron steel, austenitic and ferritic stainless steels, aluminum, brass and copper products on tube mills worldwide. Our experienced service engineers are trained to support our complete range of cutoffs – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. Equipment service and operator training ensures easy access to assistance for all customers.
With unparalleled experience coupled with equipment built to last the life of the mill, means you are guaranteed increased yield.
- Capability to cut tube diameters up to 6.625 inch
- Short cut lengths possible, without extended cycle times from a saw cut
- Double flywheel and flying ram enable short part lengths with a wall thickness up to 0.25 inches
- Distortion free shearing at high speeds with the double-cut dieset option
- Heavy duty press frame, totally enclosed for maximum safety.
- High performance rack and pinion drive system for superior length control
- Upright or Inclined (for non-round geometries) orientations available
- Single or Double cut dieset option available
- Programmable for multiple batch production
- System diagnostics and simple maintenance fault display
|Accelerator Model||AC Rack and Pinion|
|Maximum Tube O.D.||5.000″ (127 mm) Double Cut|
|Minimum Tube O.D.||0.750″ (19 mm) Double Cut|
|Maximum Tube O.D.||6.000″ (152.4 mm) SC-600 Single Cut|
|Minimum Tube O.D.||1.000″ (25.4 mm) Single Cut|
|Maximum Wall Thickness||0.250″ (6.4 mm)|
|Minimum Wall Thickness||0.028″ (0.7 mm)|
|Material||1008/1010 Low Carbon Steel|
|Maximum Tensile*||75,000 psi (412N/mm2)|
|Maximum Mill Speed||350 FPM (107 MPM)
*Higher speed available with special dieset stretch 2” and 3”.
|Cut Length Tolerance
(Provided the mill velocity variation does not exceed 1% per second.)
|+/- .039″ (1 mm)|
|Dieset Weight||975 lbs. (442 kg) (Includes Tooling)|
|Main Motor||40 HP (2) or heavy duty 60 HP (2)|
|Accelerator Motor||85 HP|
|Hydraulic Motor||5 HP|
Alpha™ blades and jaws are precision tools for a precision dieset. Using genuine Alpha™ Tooling ensures correct operation and long dieset life.
Both horizontal and vertical blades can be supplied. Blade profiles are generated using computer aided design to achieve the optimum blade geometry for the application in question. ATS2 material offers increased blade life, especially with stainless and high tensile steels.
Alpha™ Shear Blades come in a variety of configurations designed to yield a specific benefit
- Angle Point for square or profile tubing
- Radius Point for round tube
- Angle Radius Point/Double Radius for large diameter product
- Offset Point for special non-round profiles
Available for the complete diameter range and equivalent profiles, Alpha™ jaw sets are manufactured from high strength steel and undergo a complex heat treatment process to ensure high wear resistance. Alpha™ jaw sets are precision tools engineered for long life and durability
- Manufactured from high speed tool steel
- Precision cut to a tolerance of ±0.004inches (0.102mm)
- Hardened for long term durability